Alesso-Katy Perry’s music video “When I’m Gone” Premieres at the 2022 College Football Half-Time National Championship Game on January 10, 2022
ESPN will bring the first-ever preview of “When I’m Gone” music video by global superstars Alesso and Katy Perry to a global audience in a way never before seen for the network.
What is happening:
- The video will debut at halftime of the 2022 College Football Playoff National Championship, which takes place Monday, January 10 on ESPN. Play begins at 8 p.m. ET. The teaser is available here.
- ESPN has caused a sensation in halftime performances in the past, with notable performances from Grammy-winning artists Kendrick Lamar and Imagine Dragons. This year marks the first time ESPN has released a global music video to a live broadcast.
- “When I’m Gone” marks the first collaboration between the artists, who teased their partnership earlier this month on social media. The lyric video debuted today, December 29, 2021, on Alesso’s YouTube page, but fans will have to wait a little longer for the January 10 clip premiere.
- Perry is no stranger to major college football; she was the 2014 College GameDay guest coach for the Alabama-Ole Miss game. The National Championship is held inside Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Indiana.
What they say :
- Laura Gentile, Executive Vice President, Business Marketing, Disney Networks and ESPN:
- “The national championship is the ideal stage to infuse revolutionary music into our program”
- “Collaborating with world-renowned artists Alesso and Katy Perry to create a great halftime experience for fans will only add to this cultural moment. “
- Gabriela Henriques, Director of Creative Synchronization and Sports Marketing at CMG:
- “We are delighted that the video for Alesso and Katy Perry is premiering in a one-of-a-kind campaign with ESPN,”
- “It’s a great example of the synergy between music and sport, and how closely they are linked in today’s culture. There’s no better event than the National College Football Championship halftime to start a song like “When I’m Gone”.
- Katy Perry:
- “When it comes to my clips, we all know I love to push the boundaries and myself, and create unique opportunities for my fans to see them”
- “ESPN and especially College GameDay hold a special place in my heart, so my partnership with Alesso to become the first artists to ever release a global music video as part of a live event on ESPN created a perfect match and natural.
- “I’m so thrilled that ‘When I’m Gone’ is finally out. We have been waiting all year to share it with all of you ”,
- “I am honored to collaborate with Katy on such an incredible dance record, and with ESPN to become the first artists to create our music video for the National College Football Playoff Championship halftime. I loved working with her and I think this song and this video is super special.