“Marvel’s Hit-Monkey” Soundtrack Now Available On Digital Platforms
wonderthe new animated series for adults of, Hit-Monkey debuted on Hulu today, and Hollywood Records released the accompanying soundtrack with a score by Daniel Rojas.
(Please note this article contains affiliate links. Your purchase will support LaughingPlace by providing a small commission to us, but will not affect your price or user experience. Thank you.)
What is happening:
- Marvel Music / Hollywood Records released on digital soundtrack from the original Hulu series Hit-Monkey.
- The album features an original score composed and produced by Daniel Rojas (MODOK, Kipo and the Age of Wonders, downsizing).
- To verify Series review by Mack and watch the 10 episodes of Hit-Monkey are now streaming on Hulu.
What they say :
- Daniel Rojas: “Music on Hit-Monkey is really special to me because it allowed me to mix a lot of sheet music styles, from subtle electronic nuances to great orchestral action sequences, and infuse them with a modern production touch – which I love to do. There’s a lot of comedy in it, but the show is very cinematic and Marvel-worthy, which gave me the chance to write some pretty big and aggressive music at times. It was also a lot of fun finding ways to complement all the great songs that Kier Lehman and James Cartwright found for the show, which range from old Japanese tunes to grunge and punk rock.
Summary of the series:
- “Monkey’s peaceful existence in the Japanese Alps is shattered by the tragic loss of his tribe, setting him on a path of revenge and violence in the very world of the humans who are responsible for his plight. He’s a killer killer with a little bit of a rage problem. Throughout the series, he must learn to navigate the struggle between his inherently gentle nature and the evil deeds he has to commit. It’s through his complicated friendship with the Ghost of Bryce (a former assassin and now, Monkey’s unwanted conscience), that will determine whether Monkey will be consumed by his rage or channel it for good. This is the story of Hit-Monkey.
The stars of the series:
- George Takei (Shinji)
- Jason Sudeikis (Bryce)
- Olivia Munn (Akiko)
- Ally Maki (Haruka)
- Nobi Nakanishi (Ito)
- Fred Tatasciore (Monkey)
- Josh Gordon and Will Speck (Blades of Glory, The Switch, Office Christmas Party) serve as creators, showrunners and executive producers.
- The series is co-executive produced by Keith Foglesong, Matt Thompson and Neal Holman; and produced by Duffy Boudreau, Mollie Brock and Marcus Rosentrater.