Meeker Street Nerd Party scheduled for February 26 in downtown Kent
A free Meeker Street Nerd Party is scheduled for downtown Kent from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday, February 26.
The Kent Downtown Partnership announced the holiday on Monday, January 10.
“There is nothing wrong with being a nerd! In fact, nerds are smart, creative and unique individuals, ”according to the ad. “Kent town center has a number of ‘cool nerd’ businesses that embrace this unique culture and are not afraid to show it off! ”
The Nerd Party promotes local downtown small businesses by showcasing nerd culture at this event. West Meeker’s Small Businesses will welcome local creators, artists and writers specializing in nerd culture, sci-fi, fantasy, horror, books, games, toys and more.
• Retro Mall: Vintage to modern pop culture boutique specializing in vintage 80s / 90s collectibles and retro themed items.
• Page Turner Books: Nerd culture store offering science fiction, fantasy, mystery, movies, video games, comics, etc.
• Big Wu Aptitude: Will host SeaLUG, a group of Lego brick enthusiasts based in Seattle. Lego creations are large and elaborate, often taking hundreds of hours to create, and will be on display here.
• Soft Themes Pastry shop: Featuring nerd-themed goodies and hosting a cosplay costume contest.
• Cosplay Suit Competition: Grand prize of $ 100. Dress like your favorite character, enter the Sweet Pied Piper Pub contest, which features nerd trivia and drink specials.
• Justin Olson – alias JBoom – cartoonist, artistic animation
• Andy LeRoy – science fiction, toys and comics
• Bruno Pags – fantasy art, vampire, werewolf
• PTB Comics & Manga will organize a Dungeons & Dragons panel with guests from the early days of TSR
If you attend
Participants are kindly requested to confirm their attendance at centrevillekentwa.com. All participants must always wear masks and follow Washington State’s COVID-19 guidelines.
The event is presented by the Kent Downtown Partnership, a 501c3 nonprofit, Page Turner Books & Retro Emporium Kent.