Social Media and Content Manager (Paternity leave – 5 month contract)
Sony Music Entertainment Australia is home to the world’s biggest and brightest local and international artists, and we’re looking for a talented social media and content manager and (music fanatic!) to join our passionate team in the Sydney office located on Gadigal Land, whose traditional custodians are the Gadigal people of the Eora nation.
In this role, the Social Media and Content Manager will be responsible for audience growth and engagement results through social media and content strategies and executions.
What you will do:
- This role is part of the core work team, working on a host of our Australian artists, as well as international and key commercial projects.
- Develop and deliver end-to-end social media and content strategies, creative ideas and executions for your own artist roster and other projects, based on primary goals and campaign audience targets.
- Build and maintain direct relationships with artists, managers, partners, agencies and other stakeholders relevant to your role.
- Work closely with the Senior Digital and Audience Development Manager to develop social and content strategies to support CRM efforts.
- Develop and execute influencer marketing opportunities and engagements for our artists, in collaboration with our agency support for execution.
- Measurement, reporting, optimization of social and content campaigns.
- Thought Leadership – stay on top and ahead of all social media and platforms for current content, products, features and trends to better educate and identify opportunities for our artists and our business, to achieve relevant goals.
Who are you:
- min. 3 years of direct experience in social media and content, preferably in the music industry.
- An expert understanding of how each social media channel works and how to plan content so it speaks to relevant target audiences on those channels.
- Experience in formulating and delivering social media and content strategies for musicians and/or entertainment products is an advantage.
- A strong aptitude for self-learning and the ability to stay on top of and gain expertise in emerging social media channels, new features, trends and market movements.
- Excellent communication, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
- Passion and love for music and the music industry!
- Excellent skills in the MS Office suite.
- Excellent Photoshop/Canva/Content Creation skills.
At Sony Music, we fuel the creative journey, and we love you to be part of it!
In 60 countries, we have played a pioneering role in music history, from the very first music label to the invention of the flat disc record. We’ve trained some of music’s most iconic artists and produced some of the most influential recordings of all time.
Supporting a diverse roster of international superstars, developing and independent artists and visionary creators, our team is passionate and energetic, and fosters a supportive, inspiring and creative venue for our entire team – whether they are artists, producers or Members of the team !
What we offer you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey and make a difference
- Super fun and energetic office, based 5 minutes walk from the city – fueled by collaboration, teamwork, passion and energy
- Flexible/hybrid working (in the office and from home), with our offices always open for you, balancing flexibility and connection
- The company paid for private health insurance and income protection/PDT coverage through superannuation
- Fantastic employee resource groups
- Generous Sony discounts across the Sony family group
- Parental leave benefits, inclusive and supporting all parents and guardians throughout their parenting and care journey, including up to 18 weeks of paid leave
- Additional benefits to support family responsibilities afterwards, including emergency childcare options
- Virtual and in-office wellness benefits, including fitness and meditation classes
- Partnership with Unmind to support your mindfulness and well-being
- LinkedIn Learning membership for all team members
- Innovative car leasing options
- Employee Assistance Program for all team members and their families
- Invest in and continuously foster your professional growth and development
As an active member of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s goal is for our workforce to be diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their merit, qualifications, skills and talent. We apply this policy without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability. an individual.